Professional Recognition & Activities
- Martindale Hubbell Rated AV Preeminent 5.0 of 5.0
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers since 1986
- Emeritus Fellow, International Society of Barristers since 1976
- 22 years as a Best Lawyer in America including "Bet the Company" litigation
- Oregon Super Lawyer in Business Litigation since 2006
- Member Oregon Board of Bar Examiners 1976-1979, Chair 1978-1979
- Emeritus member National Associationof Railroad Trial Counsel
George has tried over 300 cases in such diverse fields as business torts, securities law, product liability, railroad tort litigation, lender liability, finance, anti-trust, accounting and auditing standards, contracts, neuropsychology, patents, failure analysis, defamation, taxation, and employment law.
George's education in math and self-taught interest in medicine have helped him succeed in complex and technical cases. George has taught numerous trial advocacy and technique seminars; his favorite was titled "Out-Experting the Expert Witness."
George was raised in Baker, Oregon. He majored in math at Harvard College and went on to graduate from Harvard Law School in 1962. In his free time, George enjoys spending time with his children, grandchildren, and brothers.